Sunday 14 August 2022

Warm walking

Following swiftly on from "wet trousers", today's delivery was "warm trousers."

Or, to give them their proper name "Thermal Action Trousers" (LOL. Gimme that thermal action, baby).

These are so warmly lined that when I tried them on soon after they arrived, I began to swelter within a couple of minutes. So I can't see me ever wearing them in the UK, but I expect I'll be glad of them in Norway.

Handy-dandy zippy pockets, they fit closely enough to go under those wet-weather troos from yesterday, and they have the added bonus of an elasticated waist, which means they have a better than normal chance of staying up. We bought stretchy belts to go with them too, just to be on the safe side. Having checked out the on-board menus I have a feeling we will need a bit of stretch by the end of the expedition.

Having not been able to find any suitable ladies version, Nikki went with the men's too, and discovered that the higher waist makes them a lot comfier. Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through The Porthole - Day 16

And so, almost as if it never happened, we wake to the familiar sight of Dover Harbour, our phones reconnect to UK providers, at UK times, a...